Porak Computing Services, Inc.
Porak Computing Services was originally opened in 1974. In it's 35 years, we have seen many changes in the computer industry. The invention of the personal computer was the first big milestone, then followed by the world wide acceptance of the WWW. Through all this, we have guided our customers to bigger profits while reducing costs.
We proudly offer solutions to the small business for their computing needs. Small business networks, internet web development, data mining and eCommerce solutions.
· As part of a successful conversion from MAPICS to Syteline, Developed a series of SSIS packages to convert IBM AS/400 MAPICS XA user accounting and manufacturing data to INFOR Syteline MS SQL2008.
· Developed software for the CAD industry for 31 years including GIS / GEOSPATIAL, Spatial mapping, Architectural and Construction, Manufacturing, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server.
· Contracted with the US Government Department of Defense. Developed MSDS database system for use by the US Army Fort Carson, Colorado Springs, CO. Used Microsoft Access database and VBA for the development and database. Built servers for the DECAM division/department. Setup and configured SUN Solaris workstations for use by GIS / GEOSPACIAL running ArcInfo and Oracle Database. Developed integration between ArcInfo and AutoCAD Civil Engineering modules. Migrated servers and clients from Novell Netware to Microsoft NT/2000 server with Microsoft Windows clients. Consulted for the DOIM department.
· Performed contract Microsoft network administration for small companies < 25 employees. Consulted on Exchange server, IIS, Proxy, Portal Server, SBS server.
· Worked directly in the Oil and Gas industry with Colorado Interstate Gas, Standard Oil, Chevron and well/core drilling.
· Setup and configured GIS and supported ArcInfo for the electrical co-ops of Colorado along with Electrical T & D Colorado Springs utilities.
· Developed and managed web sites based on ASP, J2EE, Microsoft VM, Adobe and FrontPage technologies.
· Contracted with IBM and Motorola to market, develop, sell and support AutoCAD in the Unix market. Converted both Architectural Construction System and AutoCAD components from Windows base to AIX. These programs are OOD and developed in C++.
· Contracted with Samsonite as a Manufacturing Software Development Engineer to install network of AIX Unix RS/6000 workstations in their engineering department running AutoCAD. Seamless integration between AIX, embedded Windows Server in an IBM AS/400 Main Computing Processors, Workstations were configured for CATIA V4 & V5, Pro Engineer and AutoCAD for Unix. Later migrated all users to Windows 2000 workstations running windows versions of design software. Completed an integration of AIX backup into system library backup utilizing Storage Technologies Tape Jukebox.
· Contracted with Woodford Manufacturing to install and maintain MAPICS XA. Developed many RPG programs interfacing MAPICS Bill of Materials with business operations. First IBM system in 1986 was a system 36 running MAPICS and IBM operating system. Designed wide area network (WAN), using IBM technology in 1986. This system supported operations in Kansas City, Minneapolis MN as well as the Home office in Colorado Springs. Maintained programs through year 2000 updates and corrections. Migrated programs up through MAPICS version XA. Now all programs are running under native RPG/400 and IBM DB2 database.
· Contracted with United States Air Force Civil engineering divisions at Schriever, Peterson and NORAD Air Force Bases in Colorado Springs. Migrated Novell Netware networks to Windows NT/2000. Maintained design engineering software on classified networks. Developed simulation systems for use in war games for both the Air Force and the Army.
· Customized the Architectural Construction System for Butler Building Systems. Developed line of business (LOB) application that started from order entry of a wood frame building to automatic document creation. Worked with a team of on-site engineers, both structural and computer to write system in OOD C++ and Visual basic.
· Developed the Architectural Construction System for the Home building market. Contracted with David Weekley Homes to integrate the system to their IBM System 36 based Home Builder Software™. The Architectural Construction system is written in C++ and was distributed world wide.
· Developed the Office Furniture System for the Colorado Department of Corrections. Created a office layout system that the State offices could run, design office layout cubicles, run a Bill of Materials to be sent to the prison to build the components from. The system was developed in C++ and had a self contained internal database that I designed.
· Consulted with AutoDesk, Inc. in 1984 to help design CAD database for their AutoCAD product. I was AutoDesk’s 1st developer creating a Bill of Material System utilizing relational hooks to an outside database from the AutoCAD DWG database.
· Worked with Sunflex to develop touch screen technology input device for AutoCAD. The drivers became the monochrome device drivers for AutoDesk’s Hercules video card support. Device drivers deployed to clients for over 10 years. Written in assembly for speed and to simulate Microsoft’s mouse driver for the touch screen. Also had a touch pad that I write the drivers for to simulate a mouse.
Some of our customers: